Sunday, November 30, 2008

Salutations

I've occupied way too much space on the intarwebs already, and originally intended to merely show off my gradually-improving knitting skills on my Wordpress blog, so as to not take up more free webspace unnecessarily. Of course, when I discovered that Ravelry's progress bar widget did not work on Wordpress.com hosted sites, I started a little knitting blog for myself here.

I think I am the world's least creative name-giver, so I gave this blog the same title as my ever-so-descriptive Etsy shop name, "Jo's Crafts". The Etsy shop itself is not yet up and running. I still have some work to do, basically making items to sell, either from patterns that allow commercial use, or using basic stitches and techniques that are not copyrighted. I'm sure there are only so many entrelac scarves people will be interested in, and since I want to concentrate on baby gear, I'll have to find those permissible patterns, at least until I'm skilled enough to start designing my own.

Legal is IMPORTANT, y'all. I'm not fooling around with that mess.

But this will be a place for me to share FOs (Finished Objects) in more depth, and (eventually, with any luck) a place for me to publish patterns I've created, should I take to knitting (and possibly, crochet) with as much dedication and tenacity as gusto.

No comments:

www.flickr.com
nightgigjo's Finished Items photoset nightgigjo's Finished Items photoset